This website may ask your browser to store cookies. See our Cookies Policy for more information about our use of cookies.

Back to news index

Advice from MRT on the Coronavirus outbreak

last updated on 06/07/20

Travel restrictions are now easing within the UK and further afield. To allow time for our clients to prepare for their travels and to ensure our tours can run satisfactorily and safely, it is likely to be September before our tours resume. This is welcome news. However, we are very aware of the complexities we are facing, and mindful of our clients’ concerns. Our staff are following developments on a daily basis and are more than happy to answer your calls or e-mails. We are also updating this webpage with information as it emerges.

Tours that are due to depart in July and August

Tours in July will have to be cancelled, and sadly this will apply to August departures as well, with possibly a couple of exceptions. This is because there are many factors that could prevent a tour from running as planned, for example key sites not re-opening in time. We are contacting those who are due to travel in the next four weeks as a priority. Click here to see the tours we have cancelled so far. We will be in touch with regards to tours in the weeks immediately after as soon as we can.

When we cancel a tour, you are entitled to a cash refund, as long as you are still booked on it at the time of cancellation. However, in line with guidelines issued by ABTA - The Travel Association, we are asking clients to consider transferring to a future tour, this year or next. The majority for 2021 are now on sale and you can see a full list here. Alternatively, we can offer a Refund Credit Note. This would be for the same value as any monies paid to us for your tour, and is protected by our ABTA/ATOL bonding. It means you have until 31st January 2021 to make a decision about future travel plans. If you haven't decided about a future tour by that date, you can opt for a refund.

Tours due to depart later in the year

We are working hard to ascertain whether tours from September onwards can run. We will contact you about ten weeks before departure to give you an update and explain your options.

If you wish to cancel a booking on a tour that is currently due to run later this year, we ask you to contact us to discuss your concerns. We would welcome the opportunity to talk through the options and explain our position on cancellation charges.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.